Home visit policy
Beecroft General Practice does not routinely offer home visits as part of our normal services. If there are extenuating circumstances where you believe a patient may require a home visit from one of our doctors, please call the practice and provide reception staff with as much explanatory details as possible.
The following criteria must be met for home visit:
- The patient is a regular patient of this practice
- The patient resides in a location that is within five (5) kilometres of the practice
- Where it is deemed safe and reasonable
- The patient has the type of problem that necessitates a home visit such as:
- Acutely ill
- No means of transport
- Unable to access the practice facilities due to disability
This information will be passed along to the treating doctor who will exercise their discretion regarding the matter. If the doctor determines that a home visit is possible, there may be an out of pocket expense for the patient. The patient will be notified of this expense prior to the home visit consultation.